Thursday, June 13, 2013

Vanagon Update

I mentioned earlier that I hit a deer on my way up 91 in VT. It's been painful having it at the shop and I'm checking on it just about every day (it's around the corner from the Gilman site). So my super-bumpers managed to absorb most of the damage, but the deer hit at least a bit over the bumper. I'm not sure if it's because of hitting the brakes right before I hit the deer and having the nose dip allowed the deer to hit above the bumper.


Once we got it all apart it turned out I was really lucky it missed my condenser and my radiator. I took it to the Rock-n-Roll Garage in Gilman VT and they dug right in and straightened out dents. You know you're in VT when the mechanic tells you that they had your car hooked up to a tree with a come-along in order to straighten a support piece. :)


Anyway. They got the nose mostly straight now. They'll be repainting it tomorrow probably. I'll be stopping in to see how it's going. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment