Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Update on my desk

So, the "desk" I picked out of the old mill office ended up being a bigger find than I realized. You may have seen the old picture, it just looked like a reasonably good drafting table. Turns out to be a bit more.


So in addition to it being a drafting table, it's also a light table. The internal lights can be adjusted for different brightness levels and the surface is a nice frosted glass. This picture shows that it can (easily) be adjusted from completely horizontal to completely vertical. I'm not exactly sure why yet but I'm sure it will become apparent soon...

Finally, and most spectacularly, is the fact that it has an electric height control. There's a toe switch that allows you to raise it up to about my armpit level and down to my waist or even a bit lower. Very cool. It weighs about 200 lbs and has so far been painful to move around but I'm excited to finally get it into an office. Maybe by July...

Tomorrow I'll try to figure out the brand on this thing. I keep meaning to get that.


No comments:

Post a Comment