Friday, June 28, 2013

#2 PLC issue revisited

So after we got back from our field trip, I stopped in at the Gilman mill to (hopefully) start moving our desks to the office. Turns out the cargo elevator is still dead so we STILL (at the end of week 3) don't have anything in our office. -_-

Anyway, while I was there I was talking to my partner and his father and the topic of the glitch with #2 came up again. It would seem that the "stuck button" problem has happened again in just a week. My partner's father held nothing back in voicing his frustration with how the PLC was now dependent on the PC and how F*&%ing stupid that was. I had learned enough about InduSoft the previous week to feel comfortable adding in a couple of status indicators that would show the current state of the virtual relay in the PLC. If it works the way I think it will, they operator should be able to see if they relay gets stuck because the indicator light will stay on. Hopefully I'll get an update on Monday as to whether it helped.

I have a few ideas on things I'd like to change but I'm still a little reluctant to start reprogramming our PLC...


No comments:

Post a Comment